This is the easiest meal ever. It was the first time I made it and my husband and I ate the whole thing under 15 minutes! If you are expecting more than 2 people for dinner I recommend making a few of these. The recipe here allows you to create a pork roast that has this soft skin with a sweet taste that melts in your mouth.
Time: 10 minutes to overnight to marinate, 1h 10 minutes to roast
- pork shoulder
Ingredients for marinating:
- Olive oil (1/4 cup)
- Balsamic vinegar (1/4 of a cup)
- Honey (4 table spoons)
- BBQ sauce (few drops)
- Soy sauce (1/4 of a cup)
- Worcestershire sauce (4-6 drops)
- Herbs for seasoning (I used Italian mix, dry parsley, BBQ mix, paprika, red pepper, herbs from Provence but oregano and thyme will do too)
- Minced garlic
- Place pork in a big bowl and add all ingredients for marinating. If you have a cooking brush, it is a good idea to brush all sauces/seasoning on the pork using it.
- You can marinate it or put it in the oven – in my case I marinated it overnight
- Heat up your oven for 380F or 200 or less C (if you do 200C you may keep pork in the oven for 1h or less)
- Place pork in oven-safe dish and bake it under 380F for 1h 10 minutes or less until you see that the outer surface of the pork has medium to dark brown colour, and the meat inside is white when you cut it
- Once it is done, remove it from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before serving
- Bon appetite!
P.S. there were more than just 2 pieces but my husband ate his share before I was able to take a picture 🙂